Monday, January 4, 2010

Did somebody say Sofrito?!?!





A few days ago I was in the market and came across 2 beautiful bouquets
of Cilantro. I know cilantro is a love it hate it herb but I

love it. So I bought two full bunches happily to take home and come up
with some creative tasty treats. Well, days went by and I didn't come
up with anything. Surprisingly the bunches were still looking great in
the Frig and I didn't want them to go to waste. So I started looking
in my cookbooks and online for some inspiration. I wanted to make soup
but that meant that I would make more then one kind of soup because it
was just that much cilantro. I came across some sites that had recipes
for sofrito. Genius! I could make Sofrito! I like to make soups and
sauces and always use the ingredients that I put into my sifrito
blend. I used both bunches of cilantro, green, red and yellow peppers,
1.5 bulbs of garlic and 2 large onions and some extra virgin olive oil.
I throw all of that into the blender and blended on a medium high speed.
You could smell the herb-y goodness through the spout. With all that I used
I had at least 4 cups to play with. So I allowed it to sit in the Frig over
night and then started freezing by the the tablespoon. I froze about 32
individual tablespoons in a freezer container awaiting future soups,
stews and sauces.

Good food, good eats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summit On The Summit.