Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dal Atta Noodles in a Spicy Coconut Curry Broth



Today was a noodle bowl aka noodle soup. I wanted something spicy too, so I thought I was gonna just cook another one of my staples - Rice Noodle Soup Bowl from Trader Joes. To my recollection I was all out. I've learned while pregnant, always have a backup that is close (in tasting) to whatever it is you are craving. I realized I had some Maggi Dal Atta Noodles that I could be creative with. I like these noodles because they provide 5 grams of fiber and 8 grams of protien in a serving which is great! I don't use the season packets; one reason being they are full of sodium and I like to flavor to my liking. I made a coconut curry broth to go along with the noodles. Yumm-O as Rachel Ray would say. Here's the ingredients:

Dal Atta Noodles in a Coconut Curry Broth

1 pack of Maggi Dal Atta Noodles
1 clove of crush garlic
1/2 cup of coconut milk
3 cup of water
2 tablespoons of Dal Curry Seasoning
1 tablespoon of fresh chopped cilantro
1/2 teaspoon of asian chile paste (optional if you want a nice kick of spice)
Chopped green onion to garnish
Salt to taste

Add garlic, water, coconut milk, dal curry seasoning, cilantro and asian chile paste into a pot and bring to a boil on a medium - high heat. Once its starts to boil add noodles to pot and turn heat to low and cover pot. Let cook for 2 minutes and stir and turn off heat. Place the lid back on the pot and allow to sit for 2 minutes. Garnish with green onion and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summit On The Summit.