Monday, February 23, 2009

Mehak Indian Restaurant - DC

817 7th Street N.W.
Washington, DC 20001
Tel: (202) 408-9292
Fax: (202) 408-9290
www.mehak.com
Mehak (Aroma) is a fine dining restaurant located in Chinatown (between Verizon and Convention Center), serving authentic Indian Tandoori (charcoal-grilled) and Mughlai dishes. Warm setting, friendly service and traditional curries.


I was away for the weekend at a seminar, and this place right here!(having a Katt Williams moment, sorry bout that). Mehak was a place were I ate 4 times (twice in one day on Saturday). The food was unlike any Indian food I've eaten before. The butter chicken, was PERFECT! The lamb curry was another favorite. During the weekend they have a buffet that shocked me! I normally stay away from buffets because of past experience. So I approached theirs very skeptically. Once I sat down to taste the food, my taste buds were in overload. I really fell for this place, and the staff was very friendly and tentative to clearing the tables of used plates that were cleaned from satisfied customers as they continued to go for more food at the buffet. Water glass stayed filled along with the free refill drinks.

Parting is sweet sorrow, especially when I was getting ready to head back to my home town only to find the restaurant closed between the 2:30pm - 5:00pm. I was surly going to grab some food to take back for my family to try. Maybe next time. If you ever find yourself in the D.C. area, and you like Indian food - Mehak is a place you have to visit. Tell them Umm Food sent you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summit On The Summit.