Friday, December 9, 2011

Welcome to my Urban Farm...



So, this past spring and summer I decided to get over my fear....of bugs in order for me to do what has been a great thought in my head. I wanted to have a garden. Not just a flower garden, don't get me wrong flowers are cute and even beautiful at times. I am culinarian and food enthusiast so all I wanted to grow was... Yup, you guessed it right; FOOD. So with the help of a great block captain and neighbors that's what I did. I started what I thought was a garden and at the end turned into an small urban farm. It was an experience I'll never forget. The hard work to turn the soil, to prepare the area for the plants, to set up row after row and the watch it grow. We had some great sunny days too and even some scorchers, but 2 times a day I was out there watering and picking weeds. I even caught myself sitting on the steps nearby watching the beauty that was occurring in each row. Its almost like a growing baby aging before your very eyes. This was my first year at it and I must say, I enjoyed every moment of it. I can't wait til the new season to start planting. Until then I would like to say..... Hi, my name is Umm Chef and I'm an Urban Farmer :) Here's some of the jewels that I inherited:


Bouquet of Collards

Bush Green Beans

Heirloom Tomatoes



Cantaloupe..can you see it?

Eggplant hanging over my lavender


Eggplants, yummy petite bell peppers, green tomatoes, chives, and some red tomatoes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summit On The Summit.