Sunday, July 25, 2010

Dinner is Served

After a great enjoying Pasta Pomodora at a local restaurant, I had to try at home. Thankfully, the waitress shared the recipe with me. Viola! I did it. Simple and tasty .

Pasta Pomodora

4 heirloom tomatoes, diced
1 medium onion, diced
2tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, minced
6-8 leaves of fresh basil ( I used purple basil but green basil is just as good)
1/2 cup of grated parm cheese
fusulli pasta,cooked (you can use whatever pasta you like - the kids love this one)
salt, pepper to taste

In a saucepan, add your olive oil and tomatoes on a medium heat. Cook tomatoes until they release their juices. Add onions and cook for about 2-3 mins or until the onions are transparent.
Then add garlic, and cook for another min. Once that is done, turn off your heat and immediately add your parm cheese to the sauce and stir. Once you see the cheese creaming of the sauce, take your cooked pasta* and basil and toss in sauce. Plate and serve.

*Turn heat on medium low to warm up pasta if it was cook before adding to the sauce. *

My kids loved this dish and ask me to make it again the next day, that really warmed my heart.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summit On The Summit.